Search This Blog

Thursday, January 25

Foot Attention

My first and only encounter with plantar fasciitis will never be forgotten. So when I read a post from another runner with this condition I tread lightly and say a prayer to the runner Gods.
The plantar fascia is a band of connective tissue that stretches from your toes to your heal where it connects in three places to the heel bone. If it becomes aggravated - pain can occur. Especially in the morning when you attempt to walk away from your bed. (I remember having to walk about on my toes till after breakfast.)
To prevent any reoccurrence of this hurt. I wear cushioned shoes designed for High Arches and massage my feet deeply with oil. (Plus I have several foot roller bars.)
Right now I'm using Burt's Bees Vitamin E Body Oil - it's scented with lemon -> an energizing bonus.