Search This Blog

Thursday, July 19

Running With A Virus

I ran a tough 4 miles today….trying to flog this virus out of me. Who the Hell gets a cold in the middle of summer?
The only reason I didn’t pass out on someone’s front lawn was the fact I was totally absorbed by an intriguing podcast called

Life After Cheese.”
I’ve been a vegetarian for 14 years and thought I knew everything about vegetarianism.
This podcast by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau of Compassionate Cooks talked about casein in diary products. Apparently we humans can become addicted to it.
Casein has been documented to break down in the stomach to produce the peptide casomorphin, an opioid.” -wiki
Which if fine for babies (it’s also present in breast milk) as a calming agent. But for adults? Is that why it’s so hard to wean ourselves off cheddar?
-----