Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 8

THRIVE Review

I was fortunate enough to receive a free copy of Brendan Brazier’s book THRIVE.
A book written by a Profession Ironman Triathlete. Who BTW is also a vegan.
His book includes nutritional data, diet plans and recipes. He discusses a lot of new concepts like the nutritional stress response. He shines a floodlight on the term “Eating Clean.”
This books contains material related to the body and nutrition, including many things I did not know - like taking in protein right after a workout may not always be the first thing you should grab.
I found some of the dietary suggestions not “my cup of tea” and I’ve been vegetarian for many years. My diet includes a lot of raw foods – but I’m not into the total raw foodism. Aside from that there are tons of useful diet and lifestyle ideas.
[I’ve already bought some flaxseed oil and pumpkin seeds.]
I give this book a “two thumbs up” and look forward to the benefits of eating cleaner.

Some key foods:
Macadamia nuts
Blueberries
Dates
Agave nectar
Spinach

“No Step is too small: each aspect of the diet that you embrace will directly translate into meaningful results! Start slow and build.” – Brendan Brazier

tomato basil dressing homemade

Tomato Basil Dressing
I made this last night and served at room temperature with vegan ravioli – excellent!

vega
-----