Search This Blog

Monday, August 24

Quotes That Heal

As I said to myself, “No please – not my back…” my running schedule materialized; but like smoke from a Genie's bottle, it disappeared into thin air. I’ve been here before and know the routine. No running until the back pain is under control...

Quotes that helped:

“Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself, and know that everything in life has purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from." Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
* Stop blaming myself.
"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." Tony Robbins
* There is always something I can learn about my body.
"It’s human nature to start taking things for granted again when danger isn't banging loudly on the door.” David Hackworth
* I will never grumble about going for a run again!
"Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart." Rumi
* My work is running.
"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jim Valvano
* Looking over my race bibs and times – I’ve still got a lot to do.
"Life is about timing." Carl Lewis
* Taking some time off from running (even if it is forced) gives me time for reflection.
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain." Joseph Campbell
* My joy is to just be outside – whatever I do out there will carry me through the day. I’m going to attempt a very gentle run later today. And if I have to walk – that’s OK!

-----