Search This Blog

Friday, January 12

Get A Cool Watch

He ran 50 marathons in 50 days! And he shares some of his indulgences with the reader’s of WIRED.
(Yes – geeks are into fitness.)
Many of his tips gave me a chuckle. Like - GO LACELESS. How many times have you had to stop to do up your laces? And EAT JUNK – there’s something adorable about tossing down a chocolate bar every day and not gaining an ounce. But it was #7 that hit home.
GET A COOL WATCH.
My Velcro Timex must be about 6 years old…I’m now on the hunt for the perfect time piece. Unfortunately I have tiny wrists so many of the watches are just too BIG. But my desktop internet hunt continues as my mouth and face heal from a battery of brutal dental tortures.

To read the rest of this energic advice from long-distance runner Dean Karnazes -> See January’s WIRED