Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15

Dream Runs


There are a few dream races I would like to enter before my journey is over.

Crater Lake Rim Run
If you ever had the chance to visit this magical place you would understand why it attracts millions of visitors. A stage of unpasteurized nature that makes you feel like a nomad traveling back through earth's remote past. The race includes a marathon, a 13 miler and a 6.7 mile run. They only take 500 entries so you have to register early. Notably, the altitudes range from 5,980 to 7,850 feet above sea level!

Bay to Breakers
The Bay to Breakers Run in San Francisco is a mix of funky types and runners. It's a 12k run that takes you over the Golden Gate Bridge - sans the traffic! I think I would intentionally run slow under the suspension towers- so I could listen to the wind and memorize the view. This year the race is held in the 3rd week of April. I wonder where everyone parks???