Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 5

Prefontaine Trail Run

Kara image 9/3/07

I never get the Bib # 1!
We all know it’s not the Bib number that matters – it’s the finish line time! But I still think it would be kewl, running about with a #1 stamped on my chest.

Monday’s race drew a small crowd of runners and walkers. (Duck fans were still recovering from Saturday’s Win I guess.)

Prefontaine’s trail was in perfect form – the bark mulch freshly raked - hallowed ground.
The only snag in the race was the heat permeating the runners during the landfill loop – I came this || close to throwing-up at the 4.2 mark.

Symptoms of Heatstroke/Sunstroke
  • Headache, nausea, dizziness
  • Red, dry, very hot skin (sweating has ceased)
  • Pulse-strong & rapid
  • Small pupils
  • Very high fever
  • May become extremely disoriented
  • Unconsciousness and possible convulsion
No I didn’t become confused - [Starbucks...Starbucks...] but I did have a headache for the rest of the day.
Note: No more races in the summer heat.

Congratulations Bill McChesney! Age 79 Time - 45:38 Pace - 10:30
-----