Search This Blog

Saturday, April 19

Watching Others Run

This newspaper article caught my eye last Thursday - 10 Best Running Movies.
I was surprised at her list – there were a few I had not seen. (Yet)

Her list of 10 best running movies:

  1. Atanarjuat: The Fast Runner (2001) The trailer looks scenic and gritty.
  2. Marathon Man (1976) I also hate dentists.
  3. Chariots of Fire (1981) Ashamed to say I only know the soundtrack.
  4. Run Lola Run (1998) Never seen.
  5. Gallipoli (1981) Can’t remember it well.
  6. The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner (1962) Oldie Goldie.
  7. Personal Best (1982) Mariel Hemingway doesn’t look like a runner but an actor.
  8. Rocky Movie Without Limits (1998)/ Prefontaine (1997) Great stuff!
  9. On the Edge (1985) I want to see this one.
  10. Rocky (1976) You have to love the running scene, up the stairs.

In actual fact I love watching the real thing!

Summer Olympics from Beijing
This Sunday - The Women’s Olympic trials - Marathon
Marathon Challenge NOVA This feature made me cry.

And my movie list would include:


Forest Gump – He made running look so easy – bless him.
Terry Fox Movie - A genuine hero. It will make you cry.
On Flew Over the Cuckoos’ Nest (1975) The ending…
-----