This newspaper article caught my eye last Thursday - 10 Best Running Movies.
I was surprised at her list – there were a few I had not seen. (Yet)
Her list of 10 best running movies:
- Atanarjuat: The Fast Runner (2001) The trailer looks scenic and gritty.
- Marathon Man (1976) I also hate dentists.
- Chariots of Fire (1981) Ashamed to say I only know the soundtrack.
- Run Lola Run (1998) Never seen.
- Gallipoli (1981) Can’t remember it well.
- The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner (1962) Oldie Goldie.
- Personal Best (1982) Mariel Hemingway doesn’t look like a runner but an actor.
- Without Limits (1998)/ Prefontaine (1997) Great stuff!
- On the Edge (1985) I want to see this one.
- Rocky (1976) You have to love the running scene, up the stairs.
In actual fact I love watching the real thing!
Summer Olympics from Beijing
This Sunday - The Women’s Olympic trials - Marathon
Marathon Challenge NOVA This feature made me cry.
And my movie list would include:
Forest Gump – He made running look so easy – bless him.
Terry Fox Movie - A genuine hero. It will make you cry.
On Flew Over the Cuckoos’ Nest (1975) The ending…