Search This Blog

Saturday, May 3

Go With The Flow


I stopped at almost every booth at the Eugene Marathon race expo – checking out gear, future races and even snacking on free samples. (See above LARABAR : )
At one of the counters a lady said, “I see you have your camera, are you running in this race?” I promptly replied; without even thinking, “Yes – just the half.” She gave me a big surprised look and said, “Hey – watch what you say, that’s the race I’m running!” I gave a stunned smile and walked away.
Her attitude was one of admiration; mine was inferiority. Self defeating talk serves no purpose.
Tomorrow I’m going to start off listening to the Rocky Theme and then run forward – leaving my ego behind.
Just go with the flow!
“Flow occurs when challenges are balanced by abilities."
- Ronda Gates

-----