Search This Blog

Saturday, July 5

No More Racing in the Heat


Instead of beating my PR for this course – I tacked on about 10 minutes. The slowest 10K time I have ever run. Whoa!
Regardless, this was a true test of my metal. Many would have stopped but I continued to the finish line like a trooper.
For some reason I was running HOT. Or better put - walking, staggering as the symptoms of heat exhaustion took over.

  • nausea,
  • vomiting,
  • fatigue,
  • weakness,
  • headache,
  • muscle cramps and aches, and
  • dizziness.

Things I did learn:

Not to race when you have a cold.
Drink more water.
Running nude – is not allowed.
Never enter races in the summer.
Run with some cash. (Special thanks to the lady who let me use her cell.)
~
Pre race snippet: "I hear they moved the finish line."
Favorite shirt: Caricature of Frank Zappa.

“Do not fear mistakes – there are none.” -- Miles Davis
-----