Search This Blog

Saturday, February 7

Keeping Track

"Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young." - Henry Ford

My attempt to learn something new everyday for personal growth has fallen by the wayside. It's not that I don’t learn things - I just don't keep track of it all. Perhaps by using these icons I can categorize what I've absorbed throughout the day.

Friday, February 06, 2009

Learning from The Feeling Good Handbook - it's therapeutic to write down your destructive thoughts and analyze them. “The first principle of cognitive therapy is that all your moods are created by your "cognitions," or thoughts.” Think about sad stuff – feel sad.

Listened to an MP3 podcast from PhilospersNotes on Authentic Happiness.(Ideas from a book written by Dr. Seligman.) Thinking positively graces everything we do. We all have strengths - find them!




With another race tomorrow, I check my race bibs for my PRs. This year I'm not going to beat myself up over my time. And ACCEPT it as part of being a runner. BUT I’m not going to stop trying. Re-reading Matt's post - Never Satisfied. Where he explores the "spirit of discontent."

What are you learning today?
-----