Search This Blog

Monday, March 16

Ways to Avoid the Rain

raincloudThis time of the year, I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to avoid running in the rain. If you live in the Northwest, you know what I’m talking about.
I get cold and miserable! I have to keep wiping off my glasses so I can see the path. My long ponytail ends up looking like a rat’s nest.

Possible:

  • Keep an eye on the radar screens at Weather.com or AccuWeather.com. Wait for those large clusters of dark green or yellow to pass.
  • Overdress in rain gear. Every time I do this – it stops raining.
  • Lather on the sunscreen. (Reverse psychology...)
  • Run at the gym. (My very last option.)
Impossible:
  • Click your heels three times and repeat, “It never rains when you run.”
  • Cancel your run.
  • Wager a bet with your runner partner – bet that the rain will stop.
  • Don’t run in the Winter or Spring.
  • Run with a Rihanna umbrella.
  • Move to Tempe Arizona

Eugene, Oregon Rainfall:

-----