Search This Blog

Saturday, June 13

Superstitions

Seeing it is Day 13 of the infamous Juneathon, I couldn’t avoid asking:
Do you have any superstitions in regards to race day?

  • “A belief or notion, not based on reason or knowledge, in or of the ominous significance of a particular thing, circumstance, occurrence, proceeding, or the like.” – Dictionary.com
I have a few things set in concrete:
One
It’s more of a ritual; (no animal sacrifices) the day before, I hang my race day outfit including sports bra, panties, cap, in the bathroom.
Two
I never wear RED! It’s a bad luck color for me. That includes no red hair bands. If the bib # has red on it - I’m convinced I will have a bad race... Call me superstitious!
I have a race coming up next weekend. Please no red on the bib!
I need some juju to neutralize this red. Maybe I should pin the bib on my back – upside down ; )

What are some of your superstitions?

Juneathon Day 13 Running
5.5 miles



googlemap river run
This is my favorite section along the river –
passing by the rapids and
listening to the power of the water.

-----