This morning I did a taste test:
Comparing coconut water (the latest craze) to Clif Shot Electrolyte.
O.N.E. Coconut Water:
- Clear almost odorless liquid.
- Had a faint vitamin-like smell.
- It did not taste sweet - had a mild coconut flavor.
- Unlike plain water, it had a smooth finish to it.
Clif Shot Electrolyte (mixed with water)
- A pinky tan color.
- Apple scented.
- Tasted salty! First - and then apple like.
- Had a sweet taste like juice.
I found the clif shot drink too salty tasting. I would rather eat pretzels. But for a quick sodium replacement – this beverage would be fine. And it’s not to high is sugar.
Having never tasted coconut water, I was a little disappointed with the flavor. I assumed it would taste more like coconut milk. But it was a refreshing drink and, for those that sweat, it has a whopping 670 mg of potassium.
Next time I will pick up the one with Amazon Cherry!
Juneathon Day 15
Running 4.2 miles
What is a Juneathon?