The best part of this race - excluding the gigantic chocolate truffle - is the course. It runs along hallowed ground… following parts of Pre’s Trail!
The bottom loop encircles a wide open field with scenic views of the Willamette River. I would run there everyday – if I didn't have to drive.
“The six-mile stretch of wood-chip and bark-dust paths was initially constructed by the city of Eugene in 1976 to commemorate Oregon’s distance-running legend Steve Prefontaine."
- I was 3 minutes slower than last year. Holy crap! That’s what I get for racing with a cold.
- It’s bad enough the park bathroom stalls don’t have doors – but no toilet paper?
- The big “high five” I received from the girl in front of me at the finish line. A reminder that the time on the clock is fleeting...
Favorite Shirt Quote:
- “Your workout is our warm-up.”
- “I think she’s waving at you.”
- 1 Truffle, Peanuts in the Shell, Beer - Red Chair NWPA (Hey, there was a football game on!)
Ode To the Truffle