Search This Blog

Monday, May 17

Lost – The Zen of Running

I Run bookmarker

Somewhere along the road I’ve lost my Zen of running. It was my sanctuary. A motion, a place, a time all my own. Now it feels like a chore. And I mean chore! I’m breathing heavy, my heart rate is up – I just want to stop running and walk!
This greatly saddens me as running was something simple – that I enjoyed.
It’s right up there in my top 3 things life has to offer.

Why the change?

Something wrong with the mechanics? I’ve been waking up with uneasiness that something is physically wrong with me. (The hypochondriac syndrome.). I do have an appt for a full physical soon.
Another life passage? As Gail Sheehy in Passages so honestly said;

” All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter into another!"
Classic case of burnout? Many days I had to force myself to do the long runs while training for the Half

Whatever is going on; let’s pray I get over it fast. I miss my relationship with running.

I see John “the penguin” Bingham is working on a plan to get out of a slump – I hope it works for him. Finding the Rhythm

Some mindful suggestions I’ve been considering: [Thanks Donna Cardillo]
  • Set intention.
  • Ground yourself.
  • Create good karma.
  • Affirm your path.
  • Aspire to new heights.
  • Be mindful in everything you do.
  • Tap into your life force.
Do you have any ideas? I would appreciate your feedback.
-----