Search This Blog

Monday, May 3

Running in the Footsteps of Legends



The sign at the entrance of Hayward Field was definitely a welcome beacon. After running for 13 miles the warmth and softness of the track felt like I had entered Shangri-La. But the honor - to run in the footsteps of champions was more overwhelming. I waved at myself up on the huge Jumbotron and for a split second understood what it meant to be an Olympic runner... even if I was a handful of seconds over of my 2 hour goal : (

Race Report

Goodie Bag:

Port-O-Potty Chatter:
  • “Pee faster – Go Go GO
Favorite Shirt Quotes:
  • B-fine
  • Get off the Road
  • AAARRRGH!
  • The MOTHER of All Relays
  • And the most poignant “Blind Runner”
Posters Along the Way:
  • Lace Repair
  • You can Do It (sexually)
  • Republicans to the Right
  • 10 lines of - I Love running
What a kewl Medal!
Eugene Half Marathon Medal
I would like to thank everyone who sent me a tweet or commented here. Your support really means a lot to me!
PS.
Congratulations to the winners of the Eugene Half Marathon.
Female: Sopagna Eap 1:17:38 29yrs
Male: Kirby Davis 1:06:50 25yrs
Average Time for Half Marathon Runners 2:25:31
-----