Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 16

Race Entry

I sent in my entry for Eugene's inaugural Marathon / Half Marathon event. And, for some reason I feel like a lemming heading straight for the cliff. Yikes
Feelings of self-doubt broadcast loudly from every mirror...
I know my spirit is willing and I have time to train - but will my body flounder?
The body does not always reply to my requests.
I have a ribbon of murky matter that convenes between body and mind - keeping them disengaged.
Perhaps accomplishing this goal of completing a half marathon will open a door.

Goal of completion
1) Upright
2) Smiling
3) Wanting to do it again
Spock: "On my planet "to rest" is to rest, to cease using energy. To me it is quite illogical to run up and down on green grass using energy instead of saving it."

Ref: Jeff Galloway
Logo: Eugene Marathon