The last race I ran – they handed out, with the bib #, the usual goodie bag including race notices, coupons etc. But this year the bag was a paper manila envelope and inside a note saying bring this envelope back so we can re–use it! I always recycle all paper products anyways but what a cool idea.
Here’s my action list:
- Bring my own bags when I go shopping.
- Continue a Vegetarian diet - strive towards vegan.
- Turn off the lights and TV when I leave the room.
- Maintain my vegetable garden and an herb garden.
- Compost wastes using a tumbler.
- Take old stuff to the second hand store. (Actually my husband does this for me : )
- Recycle books always! Member of paperback swap and library.
- Rarely go clothes shopping.
- Drive to work.
- Still use little plastic bags for some produce items.
- Watch too much television!
- Should buy more items in bulk.
- Support local shops and buy fresh produce – even if it costs more!
- Not using recycled toilet paper.
- Wean myself off paper plates.
This site has tons of information and ideas. David Suzuki Foundation