Search This Blog

Monday, June 16

Running, Reflection and Writing


I don’t pretend to be a great writer and that’s why I read books like this - Writing Without Teachers.
In school I was drawn to the sciences – not the arts. So here I am – older than many and still can’t write a proper paragraph.
But Elbow explains the structure and housekeeping work of writing is the last thing you should worry about.
He stresses the importance of freehand writing. Just sit back let the stuff pour out. (I suppose you should use a pen but I’m more comfortable with MS Word.) And then go back over the material. Is there a main point or topic? If so write it down. Use this sentence as the focus and try to expand on it. Then and only then do outlines, corrections, editing, etc…
This style of writing sounds so relaxing. The only problem I see is the lack of time to spread out all my thoughts.
--
Today's Run

Quality of Run: Streamline
Route:

Total Miles: 5.2
Type of Workout: With 1 mile Tempo – 8:08
Feel Good Stretch: Inner thigh
Ku:
3 garden gnomes
appearing out of the shade
a dragonfly
-----