Not only do they provide runners with quick energy - they fill you up! And I love them.
- They are 93% carbs.
- They have 5.9 mg of calcium.
- And 0.3 mgs of Iron.
- An average 118gm banana has 88gms of water.
- A cluster of bananas is called a hand.
- Bananas are America's #1 fruit.
- Bananas were officially introduced to the American public in 1876 at the Philadelphia Centennial Exhibition. Each banana was wrapped in foil and sold for 10 cents.
- There is banana beer.
- The average American consumes over 28 pounds of bananas each year. I know I eat more!
- Bananas contain tryptophan which is good for people suffering depression.
Ref - Wiki, rawplus, and corsinet.