Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 30

Evaluation Time

This week’s topic for Take and Run Thursday is: Look Back, Look Ahead.
I can not believe August is right around the corner! It's time to review and revive the first half of the year.
I will follow Tom’s format as I love outlines!
(Thanks Tom -> Runners Lounge)

What’s Going Well?


What's not going well?
  • Feeling unwell at the end of races with nausea and headaches. Concerned I will feel this way with every race.
  • Frustrated with the aging process. I did receive some useful information from Crazy Legs Paul.
    “As we age we will also lose speed while running but your endurance is still there. Maybe it is time to try ultra marathons (i.e. 50k, 50 and 100 milers) where speed is not important; instead, finishing becomes your goal.”
  • I still have not met up with any of my online running pals. And three were in the same race as I! Shame on me.
  • My shyness holds me captive. One of my goals was to volunteer at a race... I’m currently reading. Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway. Struggling with the concept.

What are you excited about?

  • I’m signing up for a 10 mile fun run in October. The Monster Ten Mile Dash.
  • I going to volunteer (if they want me) for at a race put on by our local SPCA called Greenhill Humane Society. The Rover Romp 2008.
  • Planning next year’s races – Hawaii???
“You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.”
- Henry Ford.

-----