Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 13

Foot Talk

This weeks Runners’ Lounge TIART topic is -> Care and Feeding of Your Feet!

I believe the number one cause of sore feet is improper fitting shoes! You know the routine – you try them on, run professionally around the store and then speed home with your new best friends under you arm.
At first try they are all of a sudden too stiff and your left heel is pinched…If you’re like me - you feel obligated to keep the runners.
$$$
Well I’m not doing that anymore! If I can’t return them I will use them for yard work or give them away.

runnerkara feet


Galloway’s tips for preventing for sore feet:
  • Run lightly and keep feet low to the ground.
  • Check your shoes. If they don’t fit correctly or are worn out replace them.
References:

Past post on feet – The Foot Refresher
Video on foot massage
New runners
More pics of my feet
-----