With every race you see similar pre-race activities...
Runners staking out a place to park. Runners dressing or undressing. Runners warming up.
I suggest setting up a tailgate party. Most runners arrive early anyways. And wouldn’t this alleviate some of those pre-race jitters?
- A Frisbee for warm ups.
- Mats with pillows. (For the runners who need to catch a few more zzzs.)
- Hacky Sack?
- Music from a Superb system with subwoofer action. (Kanye West...Chemical Brothers?)
- Backgammon anyone?
- Sturdy stool for thigh stretching and re- lacing of shoes.
- A mirror! You know how difficult it is pinning on your race # while looking in the side mirror.
- Big clock – preferably digital. (I don't know about you, but starting late is never a good thing.)
- Crucial items such as cheerios, pretzels, M&Ms and Kisses.
- Beverages to include water, coffee - virgin drinks?
- A Wi-Fi location so we can all stay connected!
Please suggest some of your pre-race necessities!