The optimist fell ten stories.
At each window bar
He shouted to his friend:
“All right so far!”
Stresses the negative or unfavorable or takes the gloomiest possible view.
This is the usual mindset I have while racing. Even after running races for over 22 years – I seldom feel, with every mile, that I’m doing my best.
Now I’ve reached the point where I’m just trying to maintain last year’s PR – not beat it.
Possible Mind Shift Ideas
- Take racing for what it is – mind over matter.
- Realize you’re in great shape! Not suffering from any injuries.
- Feel the gift you have. You can run for miles.
- Enjoy the comradery of other runners – of all ages.
- Feast on the free bananas and oranges ; 0
- Most importantly – give thanks and soak up that post race glow.