Search This Blog

Monday, May 4

Half Marathon Rundown

In the jargon of the sport, I hit the wall. I was cruising along – keeping an eye on my pace. The 10 mile marker was the last I remember…

 clif shot wristband

After that I ran the best I could. Coming in 2 minutes slower than last year. (Hey, the course had changed - more hills. (excuse #12)
I did however accomplish my backup goal which was coming in under 2 hours.


The Wild, the Weird and the Wonderful

  • men running topless.
  • empty ketchup packages. Cheap carb fix?
  • so many spectators along the way – high fives and cheers!
  • some guy running with his massage stick.
  • a cap with little holders specifically for Clif Shot Bloks.
  • the scent of well used port-o-potties at the 9 mile stretch.
  • a runner, post race, dry heaving on the curbside. O, that was me – how embarrassing.
  • a belt buckle medal! (Not really - just took the neck strap off.)


***
eugene marathon medal

Favorite start line shout
: "You’re almost finished."
Favorite shirt logo: “I never trained for this race.”
~
AV time for the Eugene half-marathon was Average Time: 2:23:51
Make your own Wristband at live2run
-----