Search This Blog

Monday, April 14

Course Synopsis Part 2

Yesterday I biked that last part of the Eugene's Half-marathon route. Starting at the 9 mile bridge (Autzen Footbridge) I headed East towards I-5.
It’s takes you in close proximity to the Ducks stadium (home of the Oregon DUCKS) and the finish line. Then it loops out across an open field area – part of Pre’s Trail. I like this wide open area. You will be able to see runners returning from the far side.
This open space was once the city’s dump. It was closed in the early 1970's. I can’t even guess why someone would set up a landfill right on the banks of a river.
The path has lots of gentle hills or mounds with spectacular views of the river. I would give it 9 out of 10!

19 days till the big race.

Course Synopsis Part 1

We all cross this foot bridge at the 9 mile mark.
Hopefully still smiling and feeling strong!

Autzen Bridge 4.13.08
Autzen Footbridge
-----