Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 4

Start Slow and Taper Off

"Start slow and taper off…” – B Ueland

During the long run I often struggle with opposing forces.
The LSD training philosophy and the mental debate within myself – the faster I go, the sooner I will be home . Coffee and Food awaits me.
“The objective of these runs (LSD) is to build blood volume and to increase muscle strength, endurance, and aerobic fitness.” --Wiki

Notice how they don’t mention anything regarding mental fortitude. For me, this is the hardest part. Running S L O W ! (I would even rather powerwalk.)
So today I mixed it up a bit. I maintained my slow cruising speed for the first 5 miles and then kicked it up for the last 2 miles. This mix was mentally and physically agreeable.


Swimming with the sharks
Take a break!


A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. --Lao Tzu
-----