Search This Blog

Saturday, October 4

FALL Running Gear

Often, in the Northwest, there is transition from summer to fall – a gradual cooling with the shorter days. But this year it seemed too happen overnight.

My Checklist for Fall Gear:

1. Waterproof top and pants.
Today, in the pouring rain, I wore poly shorts and a technical shirt. These fabrics are not as bad as cotton, but I still felt heavy wet. (They do however dry faster than cotton.)
2. Waterproof holder for the iPod.
I ended up slipping my exposed played into my back pocket. It stayed relatively dry. (That’s how fast I run : )
3. New Gloves
I’ve yet to find a rain proof pair. I usually just pull down my selves in an attempt to keep dry.
4. A Bright Cap
A cap with a big brim to keep the rain out of the eyes. Just till winter – then I switch over to a headband.
5. New Socks
Still looking for a sock that keeps the feet warm while running – but are not too THICK.
--
Looks like I’ve got a lot of shopping to do. I would love to hear what everyone else is buying this Fall.


“There is a way that nature speaks, that land speaks. Most of the time we are simply not patient enough, quiet enough, to pay attention to the story.”
- Linda Hogan
-----