Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 3

Set By Example

Today is National Run Day. If you don’t believe me, check Twitter’s Trending Topics.

I still remember when I first got involved in running. Everyday, driving to work, I would see a guy running steadily up the road towards the park. In rain, traffic, or misty mornings, he would always emerge. I was envious. He made running look easy! I, on the other hand, could not even round a full block and I had to go to work!
I would say out loud, “Maybe tomorrow, I will give it a try.”
Well I found out quickly that running was not that easy to start with. It took years to get my body where it is today.
His dedication to the sport of running will always be with me. And I would like dedicate today’s run to him - for showing me the way.

Juneathon Day 3 Running
Ran 6.1 miles along sheltered paths and cemented sidewalks. There was an abundance of walkers…didn’t see any runners : ( But I did see the Sheriff pass by twice – so I was on the alert for any unsavory activities. (Or maybe, he was just checking out my legs.)
Temp was in the 60s (f) but the humidity was 93%

“Under conditions of high humidity, the evaporation of sweat from the skin is decreased and the body's efforts to maintain an acceptable body temperature may be significantly impaired.” -Wiki

Might be a good idea to bring water – next time I run in +++ humidity.

What is a Juneathon?

Take it home song:



-----